Stage Company History
Spacer Logo

Tel. 08465 173064-0
info@horntrich-kunststoff.de

1949

The Otto Horntrich company was founded by brothers Karl and Otto Horntrich as a mechanical weaving mill in Kipfenberg, in the storerooms of the father-in-law.

1953

Death of Karl Horntrich, sole owner Otto Horntrich

1954

Establishment of the company building on Eichstätter Straße

1955

Move to Eichstätter Straße, manufacturing of trouser and suit fabrics with 14 automatic looms

1960

Purchase of the first plastic injection moulding machine for 40,000 DM at the Hanover Fair - beginning of the production of injection-moulded parts from thermoplastics

1965

End of the mechanical weaving mill and continuing expansion of the plastics manufacturing and assembly

1966

Plastic injection moulding facility: Products for the toy industry, chemical industry, packaging industry, electrical industry, Coils for the cable industry, purchase of more injection moulding machines

1985

Son-in-law Hans-Peter-Kerl joins the company

1988

Ultrasonic welding as a new service

1990

Acquisition of an industrial property with manufacturing hall and office building in Kipfenberg-Grösdorf. Transformation of the company Otto Horntrich into a limited company; managing partners: Otto Horntrich and son-in-law Hans-Peter Kerl

1991

Construction of a second manufacturing hall and warehouse

1991

Shift in focus to the new building in Grösdorf

1992

Relocation to the new premises in Grösdorf, Gewerbeweg 2-4,
Expansion of plastic processing - pad printing

1993

Construction of a new warehouse for finished goods

1998

Construction of an additional warehouse for raw materials

1999

Introduction of the quality management system according to DIN EN ISO 9002 on 10.02.1999

1999

50-year company anniversary and opening of the new halls, 18.09.99

2002

New certification in accordance with DIN ISO 9001:2000

2004

Supplier Award from BSH Bosch and Siemens Household Appliance :
Otto Horntrich company is among the top 40 suppliers of 1500 worldwide

2004

Dorit Kerl-Horntrich is appointed partner and Managing Director

2009

Certification in accordance with ISO 9001:2008

2013

Death of the founder and managing director Otto Horntrich

2014

65 year anniversary of the founding of the company